The Senile Tree
aThe Senile Tre e
Dormant I was under the ground,
None to be seen , none to be found
At that time life reached out for me
This is my story… a senile tree
Wiggling myself out of the Earth
I saw my twins, but with expansive girth
A flow of water ran down my phloem
Among my buddies I matured and grew
Thriving on the food I myself brew
Reaching for the skies, my roots in the earth
I thanked the little boy for giving me birth.
A calliopean sound woke me up
All around me I saw… was muck
My friends were down to tiny shreds
Nothing left from their roots to heads
With the whirring machines they began at my base
I pondered…for a table or a beautiful vase?
Perplexed I am for what my fate shall be
This is my story…a senile tree 

Excellent poem dude
ReplyDeleteNice poem
ReplyDeleteNice one Kartik
ReplyDeleteWell written Kartik!
ReplyDeleteLove the thought !!!!!
ReplyDeleteA different perspective to a bigger problem. Keep it up. Waiting for next writeup.
ReplyDelete